This job is an exciting chance for a smart and driven individual to have a varied role that could lead to a fantastic career here at Highway Care.
If you are an organised, people-focused, detail-orientated multi-tasker, then we want to hear from you! Here is the full detail:
The Commercial Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Commercial Team. The role involves assisting with various tasks related to sales, customer service, finance and general administrative duties. The Commercial Assistant will work closely with the Commercial Team and colleagues to ensure efficient coordination and execution of commercial activities.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities of this role will include:
1. Supporting the Quantity Surveyor to effectively manage NEC contracts.
2. Working closely with internal Business Development Managers, to deliver quality service to our customers.
3. Proactively follow up quotations, sales leads and enquiries, utilising CRM system, ensuring all opportunities are progressed and scheduled, leads converted as necessary and contacts are
accurate and up to date.
4. Supporting the Commercial Team preparing estimates / quotations for projects, whilst utilising the expertise of our Operational Team.
5. Learn and maintain a sufficient personal knowledge base to promote the company’s products.
6. Liaising with Customer Services and Finance Department to ensure projects are being invoiced accurately.
7. Working with operational staff to manage programmes, ensuring all work scheduled is achievable.
8. Preparation and submission of Purchase Order requisitions to support orders.
9. General administration, to include but not limited to, management of price lists.
We are looking for these essential traits:
- Competence to manage multiple tasks.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Financial analysis.
- Proficiency user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
And it would be ideal if you:
- had an understanding and capability to read construction drawings and AutoCAD.
- had prior experience in managing construction contracts.
- could demonstrate administrative and / or construction based experience.
- held A Level (or equivalent) Maths, English or Business Studies.
Explore our website to learn more about Highway Care and head over to our LinkedIn profile, hit follow and keep up to date on the latest exciting projects we are involved with across the industry.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 22nd September